Monday, March 18, 2013

Friday, March 1, 2013

Sunday, February 24, 2013

*Update*


Update on the character, that I have been re-topoing  in my spare time as well as UV'ing. Glad to say I started texturing the new mesh today. This is what I got after a couple of hours of photoshop. I hope to have this done sometime next week.

So far the body material only consists of a diffuse, naturally I'm waiting till the end to apply the specular and normals. Right now the diffuse has lots of seams and splochy pigments. That will all be dealt with shortly.

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Early Face Mesh for New Character


LEFT: 3DS Max Viewport Screengrab, RIGHT: Marmoset Toolbag Render


Early development of the head of my new character. I've been working on a MMA fighter to show off my organic modelling skills and texturing. I realize the eyes look a bit funky, partly because that's how they render in Marmoset Toolbag. This render includes diffuse, specular, and normal maps for both the face mesh and the eyes.

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Quick Canoe Demo for UDK

Marmoset Toolbag Render

Quick model asset I built tonight to use solely for experimenting with dDo and UDK. Contains diffuse and specular texture maps. I rejected the normals and gloss simply because they weren't making enough of an impact on such a simple object to merit keeping them.

*Edit, Now I've got the completed textures uploaded, now includes gloss and normal.

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Testing Out dDos

New software that takes your personal solid colour map, AO, any kind of height map and generates all the texture maps you could ever need for an individual mesh using sliders and presets.



To the left are my personal texture maps. To the right are generated textures I created in 30 minutes of tinkering around with this new software. Same lighting, same materials plugged in, same post processing. Rendered in Marmoset Toolbag.

The software is called dDo and its developed by Quixel. Check it out!

http://quixel.se/


Saturday, February 18, 2012

LG1 Artillery


This is a high-poly model I created for work at the ALSC. This particular model was used for 3D printing and animation purposes. That being said the texturing of the gun was looked over due to it being used for instructional purposes. It contains all the components of its real-life counter part (theses renders have been dumbed-down because the original contained sensitive military components).

Wednesday, August 24, 2011